Who We Are:
The Calgary Pregnancy Care Centre is a non-profit agency offering assistance for anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy or experiencing post-abortion stress. We have been caring for women, youth and families since 1985. We are committed to providing high quality support and programs powered by a passionate and dedicated team. For information about our organization please refer to our web site at www.pregcare.com
This position requires a responsible individual who will support the Director of Client Services in developing volunteers and utilizing them effectively. The Client Service Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Client Services to provide leadership to staff and volunteers. Additionally, the Client Services Coordinator represent the Centre and its services to outside agencies.
- Supervise volunteers in administrative tasks and projects
- Organize in-services and volunteer meetings
- Produce weekly communication update for volunteers
- Administrative tasks as assigned by Director of Client Services
- Managing correspondence in absence of Director of Client Services
- Recruit, coach and train volunteers
- Respond to clients and outside agencies requests for information
- Manage a personal client caseload, corresponding files and appointments
- Oversee scheduling volunteers, classes and programs
- Supervise department in the absence of the Director of Client Services
- Be prepared to provide spiritual leadership to volunteers
- Supervise practicum students
- Design and evaluate new programs to enhance care and education provided to clients
- Conduct tours and work with service groups as needed
- Promote the Centre to other community agencies
- Engage in regular network meetings to promote community awareness and foster inter-agency relationships
- Manage external partnerships.
- Assist with fundraising events and initiatives
The successful applicant will possess a university degree in Social Work, Counseling, Social Sciences or a related field, as well as possess a minimum of two years related experience.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Respect and uphold the Statement of Faith, and Policies of the Centre.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills, (optimizing time and resources to ensure high quality work).
- Relationship builder (positive interactions with others, encourager)
- Flexible (be able to reallocate volunteers and staff to meet programing requirements)
- Self-motivated (self-starter, takes initiative).
- Proficient with respects to personal computers and the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher and Outlook).
Working Conditions and Hours:
- The position will function primarily out of the Calgary office. From time to time travel may be required to satellite Centres or to locations throughout the city for promotional, learning or service delivery activities.
- This is a full time position requiring 40 hours per week. The hours of operation are currently 9 am through 5pm Monday, Wednesday and Fridays and 9 am through 8 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Staff will be required to work some evenings. Staff will also be required to attend promotional or service delivery opportunities that may include evenings or weekends.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.
- An enhanced security clearance must be completed as a condition of employment.
What We Have to Offer:
- Free Downtown Parking
- Extended Health Benefits
- Fun, dynamic team culture
- An opportunity to continually grown and learn
- Ability to make a difference in the lives of others
How to Apply:
Forward resume and cover letter with Client Services Coordinator in the subject of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.