First Church of the Nazarene is a multi-congregational church with a city-wide reach located in Calgary, Alberta. Our church exists to create Christ-like disciples with a heart for God and a passion for people. One way we do this is through our children’s ministry programs, which typically include Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
We are looking for a high-energy part time Pastor to Families with Children who is passionate about children and their families. This role has strong potential for full-time after 6 months. Salary is commensurate with relevant experience and education.
- Provide primary care for the spiritual and emotional development of First Church children from birth to grade six
- Provide training and support to parents in ways that will enable them to lead their children to spiritual and emotional growth at home
- Draw children, youth, and families from the community into the life of the church
- Provide programs for children primarily on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings, including managing volunteer teams, setup/teardown, preparing and organizing teaching materials, and coordinating special projects/events throughout the year
- Assist with enforcement of safety and abuse prevention guidelines, including volunteer background checks and safety training
- In addition to this role, he or she will also be available to take on other leadership responsibilities, in consultation with the Senior Pastor
- Support and train volunteers
- Meet with and mentor children and their parents
- Regularly pray for and encourage children and their parents
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and retreats as directed by Senior Pastor
- Collaborate with the youth pastor to ensure transition between children’s and youth ministries
- Continue to develop as a Christian leader, including networking, training, and ongoing education
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree is desired, especially a degree in Christian Ministry and/or Children’s Ministry
- Support and promote First Church’s beliefs, mission, vision, and values
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both in teams and independently
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, multi-generational context
- Very good computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office
- This is a part-time position with strong potential for full-time after 6 months
- Must be available to work Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, and all services.
For more information please go to www.firstnaz.ca. If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com.