Communitas Supportive Care Society is a faith-based, registered charity providing care in communities across British Columbia to those living with disabilities. As a part of our mission, we provide services ranging from 24-hour residential care to skills-based day programs to respite care for families. At Communitas, we support and empower people of all abilities, from all walks of life, regardless of faith, social standing, race or ethnicity.
Fraser Valley, BC
The Program Director (PD) works within the leadership team to provide direction to ensure a quality service in all programs. The PD provides direction to staff according to the Communitas Vision, Mission and Values as well as the HR and Program Policy manuals. This position takes direction from the Chief Program Officer (CPO).
- Degree in Social Services or related field with an emphasis in Leadership (Masters preferred)
- 2 plus years of management experience preferably in the social services sector
- A philosophy of service that is in line with Communitas’ Vision, Mission and Values
- High energy and highly motivated; able to take initiative with creativity
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; strong organizational skills
- Advanced levels of written and verbal communication skills, required for report writing, etc.
- Proven conflict management skills, using an Honest, Direct and Respectful approach
- Ability to relate well to the public/constituency and represent Communitas in a positive and professional manner to the community, outside organizations and government agencies
- Demonstrated Emotional Intelligence
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as being able to work independently
- Hours may involve long workdays and/or evening/weekend work
SALARY $68,828 per year
HOURS Full Time - 40 hours per week
CLOSING DATE January 9, 2019
START DATE ASAP
POSTING # 3437
For a full job description and to apply, please visit CommunitasCare.com/Careers. In addition to completing an application, resumes may be sent to Leslie Friesen, HR Recruitment Coordinator, Email: hr@CommunitasCare.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.