World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America, is an International Development and Disaster Response organization. We are currently looking to hire a Country Consultant to provide leadership in the development of World Renew’s strategy in Honduras, to the overall strategy and policies of the Ministry Team, all partner organizations and directly implemented projects and will be the lead consultant with one to five partner organizations or projects. At least one partner organization will be organizationally complex. This position will be based in Honduras.
Some of the additional benefits for this position include: housing and utility coverage, a vehicle, generous health insurance, paid vacation and sick time etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with one to five partner organizations or projects, providing consultation, training and evaluation to improve policies, programs and systems and ensure that the same is happening with partners that receive consultation from other field staff.
2. Implement and improve a community transformation strategy
3. Strengthen partner organizations
4. When necessary, implement disaster response programs in coordination with World Renew’s international Disaster Response Team
5. Investigate and follow-up, as appropriate, regarding new partner options
1. Coordinate the in-country strategy and ensure alignment with World Renew’s Strategic Plan
2. Responsible for all World Renew activity in-country -- budgeting, planning, quarterly reporting and coordinating with other agencies for joint activities
3. Recruit, contract, and provide leadership to other staff in the country
4. Encourage World Renew partner organizations to participate in existing networks in the country or build a consortium of local-level organizations with which World Renew has worked
5. Represent World Renew in networks of other international and/or local development, educational and/or mission organizations in country
6. Network with government officials and fulfill the requirements to maintain World Renew’s legal status in the country
1. Translate the plans, budgets, and reports of partner organizations into formats needed within World Renew
2. Produce plans, reports, narratives, and photographs as required
3. Liaise with a functional team or provide leadership on a working group; act as a resource/trainer, fulfill reporting requirements or improve reporting systems; coordinate with donors; identify Best Practices
4. Facilitate visits with regional mentor, team leader or other ministry team or home office staff when necessary
LAMT (Latin America Ministry Team) Activities
1. Fill a leadership role in the LAMT, developing other staff in the region and acting as a mentor to another country/team member (currently Haiti)
2. Help evaluate programs in other LAMT country, especially the mentor country
3. Provide leadership in programming, strategies and policies (i.e. coach others in areas of technical expertise; develop ability of other staff to consult more effectively with partner organizations)
Constituent Relations and Resource Development
1. In collaboration with CORE team staff, a contribution will be made to the constituency development priority of World Renew which includes both education and fundraising. This contribution may include but is not limited to travel (within Canada and USA), video conferencing, and producing multimedia content.
2. Write and manage field grants
3. Collaborate closely with members of the Grants Sub Team and International Disaster Response Team, along with local partners, to develop proposals to external donors and manage the implementation of projects funded through institutional grants
Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
1. Bachelor's degree is required; studies in community development, public health, or agriculture is preferred
2. Minimum of five years of work experience in community development or organizational consultation is required and five years of cross cultural experience is a definite asset
3. Grant writing and project management work experience is a definite advantage
More details about this position, and the link to apply can be found on our website: https://worldrenew.net/careers. Those interested in applying should do so online on or before March 18, 2020.