Department: Congregational Life
Reports to: Congregational Life Pastor
Direct Reports: N/A
Status: Full time
As a member of the Ministry Leadership Team, the Discipleship Pastor is a seasoned leader that is passionate about leading our congregation into a gospel-centered, globally engaged discipleship strategy. The incumbent will cultivate the Life Group ministry as the primary avenue for the assimilation & spiritual growth of our congregation. This role includes vision casting, equipping, mobilizing leaders.
- Chart and maintain the overall vision of Life Group ministry as it aligns with the mission, vision and values of The Peoples Church
- Multiply life group leaders and increase the percentage of our congregation actively participating in life groups and church ministries
Ministry Training Centre
- Oversee and continually assess the Ministry Training Centre’s program effectiveness
- Reform existing training and develop new training modules as appropriate
- Collaborate with other members of the Ministry Team in order to offer a selection of courses that will help people along our discipleship pathway
- Must understand and support The Peoples Church’s Shared Mandate and Statement of Faith
- A relevant university degree or college diploma preferred (theological education preferred)
- Is a mature follower in Jesus Christ
- 3+ years of demonstrated leadership, strategic planning and people development experience
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Committed to serving others, supporting the staff and cultivating team ministry
- Able to articulate a vision and motivate others to participate
- Ability to equip, train and empower
- Understands budgets and is able to plan and maintain department finances
- Possesses the ability to mentor people in spiritual life and personal maturity
- Significant experience leading and directing public services and events
- Interacts with others (volunteers, staff, member) regularly
- Ministry Team level position which involves working extra hours
- Occasional travel globally
- Must attend The Peoples Church
- Full time – Sundays are mandatory
- Vulnerable Sector clearance required
- Support and understand Shared mandate and Statement of Faith
The Peoples Church is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR Director of the accommodation measures, if required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Interested in this role?
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their résumés in pdf format and reference # DP620 to:
Attn: Hiring Manager
Or please register as a job seeker with ChristianCharityJobs.ca to apply to this opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.