RESONATE GLOBAL MISSION, an agency of The Christian Reformed Church of North America, is seeking a Donor Relationship Manager.
Develop relationships and implement a strategy with existing and potential donors that will increase financial support and resources, engage current constituents and cultivate potential donors in support of the ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop stewardship-focused relationships with a portfolio of individuals, churches, and foundations to engage support for the ministry.
- Develop and implement a donor strategy for assigned area, working with others as appropriate.
- Strengthen and expand the financial support, including major gifts, from assigned individuals, churches and foundations.
- Cultivate long-term relationships with donors so planned giving commitments to the agency increase annually.
- Represent the agency at churches, classis meetings, and other events, as needed.
- Significant travel within assigned regions for in-person visits, relationship building, donor appreciation and fundraising events.
- Maintain accurate records in appropriate database(s) (e.g. constituent interactions) which support the development of donor relationships.
- Assist with planning strategy, goals and fundraising targets.
- Track expenses and maintain regular expense reports, as requested.
- Assist with prospect research and/or proposal writing, as assigned.
- Work with colleagues to develop support networks in their assigned area, as requested.
- A commitment to maintaining best practices through ongoing professional development.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
- Demonstrated ability to encourage and inspire individuals to support ministry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to be self-motivated, work independently with minimal direction and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and external contacts.
- Proven ability to plan and organize tasks and responsibilities including multitasking, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated proficiency in commonly used computer applications, internet research and constituent relationship management tools.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, in a related field such as business, marketing & communications or non-profit management and/or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and success in fundraising or business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Regular travel throughout the assigned region
Our vision is to bring the Gospel to people, neighborhoods, communities, churches and the world, and to embolden them in participating in God’s mission by faithfully proclaiming and living out the good news of Jesus. We are tasked with providing leadership to the Christian Reformed Church in sharing the Gospel and to provide leadership to our partner missionaries, church planters, campus ministers and the denomination.
Resonate continues the good work of Home Missions and World Missions. For more than a century, these two agencies introduced people to Christ in North America and around the world. For us, that means continuing our partnership with churches in the United States and Canada to plant churches, do campus ministry, train and equip pastors, and develop future leaders. Additionally, it means sending missionaries overseas, proclaiming the Gospel, and forging lasting partnerships.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 24, 2020
APPLY: With Resume & Cover Letter here: RESONATE JOBS