Position 112: Client Services Administrator
Supervised by: Director of Client Services
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Who We Are:
The Calgary Pregnancy Care Centre is a non-profit agency offering assistance for anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy or experiencing post-abortion stress. We have been caring for women, youth and families since 1985. We are committed to providing high quality support and programs powered by a passionate and dedicated team. For information about our organization please refer to our web site at www.pregcare.com
This position requires a responsible individual to provide administrative and practical support to the Client Services team and to the Centre in general. A key aspect of the role will include developing and using volunteers effectively for the delivery of programs. The Client Services Administrator will complete the training to be equipped to meet with clients. Additionally, the Client Services Administrator may perform some public relations activities to outside agencies.
- Support Client Services through various administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Monitor the Client Services email account and manage appropriately
- Maintain confidential client files and client database
- Ensure availability of supplies
- Oversee the Client Gift Cupboard and Layette Room
- Keep statistics of volunteer participation
- Support general office functions:
- Maintain postage machine and mailing letters
- Order office/kitchen supplies
- Organize reception coverage
- Open or close the Centre when required
- Support satellite centres with resources and material
- Manage external relationships with vendors
- Assist with fundraising events as needed
- Assist with volunteer orientation
- Supervise volunteers performing administrative tasks
- Manage and maintain all confidential volunteer application information
- Support class facilitation and provide materials
- Greet clients and answer the phone
- Be available to provide peer counselling to clients when necessary
- Support clients with clothing room selections
Qualifications and Skills:
Ideally, the successful applicant will possess some post-secondary training in Social Work, Administration, Social Sciences or a related field. Administrative experience is considered an asset. The most important qualification is to bring an attitude of service and flexibility. We serve vulnerable individuals and everyone, staff and volunteers, need to work cooperatively to provide the environment and information our clients need to flourish.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Efficiency and thoroughness, optimizing time and resources to ensure high quality work
- Dependable, responsible and adaptable
- Self-motivated, self-starter and takes initiative
- Proficient with respects to personal computers and the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Normal operating hours of work are from 09:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday, Wednesday, Friday and 9:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. Tuesday and Thursday. From time to time the position may be required to represent the Centre outside of normal hours of work. The employee and the manager will proactively schedule working hours for the week.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.
- The incumbent will be working with sensitive information and must exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
- Incumbent must adhere to CPCC’s statement of faith, mission and vision statements.
- An enhanced security clearance must be completed as a condition of employment.
What We Have to Offer:
- Free Downtown Parking
- Extended Health Benefits
- Fun, dynamic team culture
- An opportunity to continually grown and learn
- Ability to make a difference in the lives of others
How to Apply:
Forward resume and cover letter with Client Services Coordinator in the subject of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted