Answers in Genesis is an apologetics (i.e., Christianity-defending) ministry, dedicated to enabling Christians to defend their faith and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ effectively. We focus particularly on providing answers to questions surrounding the book of Genesis, as it is the most-attacked book of the Bible. We also desire to train others to develop a biblical worldview, and seek to expose the bankruptcy of evolutionary ideas, and its bedfellow, a “millions of years old” earth (and even older universe).
Summary of the position
The Head of Outreach is a “relationship builder”, responsible for connecting with Pastors via phone, technology and/or in person to explore the various ways that AiG can come alongside the church to help each member defend their faith and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ effectively.
You are well organized, detail orientated and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
The ability to interact with church staff (at all levels) to identify their needs, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism, is crucial in this role.
- Call Pastors to set up meetings
- Maintain record of calls/meetings in BOSS (customer management software)
- Present AiG’s various programs (Hosting a Speaker, Boot Camp, Legacy Project, Salt and Light, ABC, VBS)
- Secure an agreement for one or all of the above programs
- Effectively communicate to AiG internal staff the church’s needs
- Accurately complete the appropriate paperwork for each area AiG will be partnering with the church
Hosting a Speaker, Youth Speaker or AiG Conference
- Complete Event Confirmation, Event Planning Document and Prepare Speaker Itinerary
- Provide registration packages
- Manage speaker calendar
- Attend bi-weekly staff meeting at our Cambridge office
- Assist at conferences as require
- This role require travel to local (car) churches and some further travel to larger conferences
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Confirmation of your agreement with the AiG Statement of Faith
- Regular attendance at a local Bible-believing church
- Desire to be a team player in an exciting God-centered ministry and willing to help wherever needed in a humble, gracious manner
- Highly qualified in the areas of integrity, service, professionalism/polish, and critical & creative thinking
- Possess good written, oral communication, and analytical skills
- Able to work well with others
- Able to work independently
- Superior organizational skills (a proven track record) and attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
- Able to handle multiple large projects with skill and flexibility
- Able to work well under pressure, determine priorities and produce results