Position Title: Custodian
Reports To: Facility Manager
Schedule: Part-time at 20 hours/week
- The Custodian often represents Springvale and great care should be taken to make a positive and professional appearance in all circumstances.
- Ability to identify problems, seek solutions, provide on-the-spot corrective action or pass concerns immediately to supervisor.
- Has all facilities unlocked when scheduled for use and locked when unoccupied.
- Is continuously diligent to the physical and personal security of facilities and persons.
- Is constantly alert to the physical and personal issues of health, welfare, and safety.
- Accountable for exemplary completion of facilities up-keep on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Due to scheduling, capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Monitors facilities set-up, usage, and teardown, as well as reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Spot cleans, tends to trash overflow, as well as any other immediate health and welfare issues while on duty.
- Supplies washrooms and kitchens with paper products and cleaning supplies.
- Cleaning and preparing the auditorium for services including garbage pick-up and filling the chair pockets with the appropriate items.
- Help the Facility Manager as needed on special projects on the property.
- Small property maintenance tasks such as weeding and pruning.
- Will have the option to work rental events for additional pay outside normal hours.
- An ongoing relationship with Jesus as demonstrated by active involvement in prayer, Bible study and regular church service.
- Ability to carry out the performance of tasks with a servant’s heart.
- Ability to work in/around facilities, storerooms, and maintenance areas in confined spaces and climb heights up to 50 feet.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds (e.g. equipment, office supplies, yard equipment).
- Must be organized and able to multi-task. Attention to detail is key.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish solid working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Dependable, responsible, and self-motivated.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and schedule cleaning tasks for maximum efficiency.
- Some weekend hours required.
Springvale Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.