Regional Manager (MB, ON North, QC, Atlantic)
Department: Partnership Development (within Partner Relations)
Location: Remote (or Head Office located at 985 Adelaide Street South, London, Ontario)
Salary:? TBD + Benefits
Deadline for resumes: May 9, 2022
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://www.compassion.ca/employment-opportunities/
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this?application, please contact Compassion Canada via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.
As a member of the Partner Relations Team, this role is responsible to lead a group of regionally focused Relationship Managers. This position reports to the Director of Partnership Development and serves alongside other peer Regional Team Managers to ensure that all regional staff are informed, equipped, and empowered to fulfill their role in partner relations strategy - and the overarching mission of releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
Compassion Canada is a Christian organization, committed to being child-focused, Christ-centered, and church driven. As such, each employee of Compassion Canada shall:
- Participate in regular weekly staff gatherings,
- Pray with donors when requested by same or when deemed appropriate with donor’s permission. (This will apply to some positions more than others),
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at work and outside the workplace,
- Promote the evangelical approach to ministry that Compassion Canada has adopted and put into practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Director of Partnership Development, interview, hire, and train ‘Regional Relationship Managers’ & ‘Relationship Facilitators’,
- Under the direction of the Director of Partnership Development , participate in budgeting, expense reporting, activity planning and monitoring of expenditures within the purview of this role,
- Regularly meet with Director of Partnership Development for the purpose of reviewing current activity and progress toward team and individual targets,
- Responsible for the coaching, supervision, and support of ‘Regional Relationship Managers’ & ‘Relationship Facilitators’ in their defined geographic region,
- Through all aspects of work, provide spiritual and professional development for all members of the team while fully living out the organizational values,
- Ensure personal & professional health of each member on their team through bi-weekly one on one meetings and support with Compassion’s employee wellness programs & professional development opportunities,
- Regularly meet with regional team members individually and collectively for the purpose of shared learning and refinement of lead activities toward relational and acquisition expectations,
- Build and maintain a portfolio of Supporting Church Partners, Donors, and other Key Relationships as advantageous for the organization,
- Actively stay apprised of Compassion’s programmatic activity & international relief/development trends,
- As needed, participate and assist with Church Events, Conferences, and Tours,
- Oversee implementation of strategic initiatives to achieve partnership, sponsorship acquisition, and complimentary intervention funding targets,
- Participate in the planning and execution of Church & Donor Vision Trips – including Trip Leadership as required,
- Plan, execute, and present at Compassion-related events, as required,
- Manage & submit reports for personal expenses, time sheets, and domestic travel,
- Approval of Event Sponsorship, Ambassador Honoraria, Partnership Investment, and other Relational Engagement
- Actively participate in Weekly All-Staff Gatherings & Team Prayer meetings.
- A member in good standing of a local Church Community with theological positions consistent with those of Compassion Canada,
- Honesty and integrity – ability to be discreet and confidential,
- Excellent planning, organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills,
- Ability to work as a team player; ability to mentor, coach, and be coached,
- A gifted public and written communicator,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (especially Office365), and experience with Customer Relationship Management & Database/Reporting software,
- Ability to handle multiple projects and successfully prioritize activities,
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally,
- A working knowledge of church, giving, and donor trends within Canada,
- Proven skill and proficiency in leading fundraising and/or sales professionals.
Experience & Education Required:
- Degree or Professional Certification in Fundraising, Church Ministry, Sales, Management, Marketing, or Public Relations is an asset,
- Substantial experience in a similar management and/or team leadership role is a strong asset.
- Received: Director of Partnership Development
- Given: Regional Relationship Team
- Within: Staff
- Without: Supporters, Donors, Pastors, Artists, Ambassadors, denominational, and organizational leaders.
NOTE: The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
We appreciate all applications for employment; however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.