Love Is Moving (published by the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada) is an online/print magazine that creates content, events, workshops, resources, and community-building initiatives that serve young adult Christian creatives in Canada. The Marketing and Community Relations Coordinator will further this vision by promoting and facilitating initiatives designed to foster networking and support the creative and spiritual lives of Christian young adults in Canada.
Under the supervision of the Editor, the Marketing and Community Relations Coordinator will plan and host events and promote Love Is Moving to our current and future audiences. In collaboration with the Digital Media Manager, the Marketing and Community Relations Coordinator will create social media engagement campaigns, host a podcast, and be an active presence on social media as a “face” of Love Is Moving. Other team members may include volunteers, freelancers, and interns. Further responsibilities include assisting with editorial planning and creating content as needed (written, social media videos, visual graphics). This is a part-time position, 15 hours per week. Anticipated start date June 1.
Remote, with occasional appearance at our Ottawa or Scarborough office or in-person event.
What you’ll do:
- Planning and hosting workshops and events for Christian creatives that build community and promote networking.
- Researching and recruiting new young adult writers, including bloggers, vloggers, influencers, writers, etc.
- Encourage and connect with our audience, including interacting on social media and connecting with colleges, universities and Christian writers groups.
- Finding creative new ways to promote Love Is Moving.
- Collaborating with Love Is Moving’s Editor and other team members (writers, freelancers, etc.) to create new content and repurpose and market content in new ways to better reach our audience.
- Hosting a Love Is Moving podcast.
- Assisting with editorial planning for the magazine.
Minimum: A Canadian high school diploma or equivalent and at least some postsecondary education.
Preferred: A Diploma, Bachelor’s degree, or Master’s degree, especially in the disciplines of digital media, journalism, marketing, event planning, or communications.
Other qualifications: The candidate must annually agree to and sign the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada (EFC) statement of faith (the EFC is Love Is Moving’s publisher); be in agreement with the EFC’s objects; and sign on to and abide by a code of conduct and expectations of EFC employees. The person in this position is expected to uphold the primary organizational end of the EFC (“Uniting Evangelicals to Bless Canada in the name of Jesus”) in fulfilling the position description.
- A good understanding of the evangelical traditions represented by the EFC’s affiliates.
- Committed to seeing the Church in Canada served by the work Love Is Moving is doing.
- Highly relational with great interpersonal skills.
- Experience planning and hosting events.
- Excellent oral communication and experience with public speaking; strong interviewing skills.
- A good working knowledge of social media platforms and experience using these tools to build community engagement.
- Strong marketing and promoting skills.
- Good at being organized, self-motivated, and working both independently and in a team environment.
- A good working knowledge of video and audio editing software, especially Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have strong research and critical thinking skills.
- A keen interest and awareness of Canadian culture and issues affecting the Canadian Church.
- Clear, succinct writing skills and good storytelling instincts.
About Love Is Moving:
Love Is Moving is a Canada-wide print and online magazine for Christian young adults. It is a media platform that celebrates the work of emerging creatives and encourages, equips, and inspires the next generations of Christians.
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.