Our mission is to join with God in creating passionate followers of Jesus. Our vision is to “Time for Growth: Doubling our Impact by 2025”.
Director of Youth
To join with God and the Springvale Youth leaders in creating passionate followers of Jesus out of the Junior and Senior High School students in York Region, providing the overall strategic and organizational leadership of that ministry.
Position Title: Director of Youth
Reports to: Managing Director of Operations
Schedule: 40 hours per week
Date: September 2022
- Develop a discipleship process with programming for Springvale Youth, with purposeful programs and events that help students belong to, follow, and serve Christ, through biblical community, worship, teaching, prayer, service, and mission
- Oversee, be present in, and participate in in all youth programs
Teaching and Training (20%)
- Inspire the youth to develop a life-long pattern of making God first in their lives through habits such as personal devotions, church participation, stewardship, etc…
- Provide for the spiritual mentoring of all Springvale youth through a shepherding structure
- Provide evangelism training, events, and opportunities for mission and outreach to peers
- Be a major participant in preaching to and teaching youth, and oversee all curriculum
- Be a part of the preaching team as ability and time allow
- Develop an intentional, relational presence with youth and adult leaders within the student ministry and in the larger community
- Provide vision, strategic and operational plans, and budgets for this ministry, as well as measure and monitor progress
- Build leadership teams by recruiting, leading, equipping, empowering, managing, and holding accountable all staff, interns, leaders, and volunteers in their agreed upon responsibilities
- Implement leadership development strategies for the youth, with the intention of growing peer leaders who actively participate in church programs and ministries
- Ensure the proper screening of ministry leaders and the implementation of Safe Church policies and procedures, as well as security, cleanliness, and care of facilities during their use by youth programs
- Stay current with popular student culture and social media tools, acting as a key resource to the other leaders
- Build and maintain an efficient and effective communications plan for students and parents
- Be a present and active member of the staff at staff meetings, church meetings, conferences and events
- Participate in other ministry areas at Springvale, being available to assist in projects or events as agreed upon with the Lead Team
- Ongoing, personal development in relationship with God and family, as well as relevant educational pursuits
- Weekly maintenance and follow-up in CCB to maintain data integrity.
- Registrations, attendance tracking, etc. (Metrics)
- Creating and implementing actionable steps from the metrics
- Youth are continually taking steps along the discipleship path and growing more committed to Jesus.
- Multigenerational influence within our youth ministry.
- A leadership team that allows individuals to have ownership of the ministry.
- Consistent schedule of events where attendance steadily increases.
- Team Members are equipped, valued and invested in.
- Parents and Team Members know what is going on and what is expected.
- Help establish trust with parents by providing safe environments with trained Team Members.
- Get to know as many of the youth/families as possible that pass through that program.
- Youth feel valued, cared for and have a place to belong. They are a part of the fabric of Springvale and have positions within many different ministries and levels of leadership.
- Heart and passion to see youth and families grow in their relationship with the Lord.
- Must be organized and able to multi-task. Attention to detail is key.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive is essential.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to work on their own and as a team. Must be able to recruit and lead a team of volunteers to implement programs and events.
- An undergrad or graduate degree in Theology.
- Professed faith in Jesus Christ demonstrated by biblical fruit in their life.
- A member in good standing at Springvale Church.
Springvale Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
All resumes may be forwarded to the Managing Director of Operations at email@example.com.