Full-Time Position: Middle School – Senior School French Teacher (Grades 7 – 10)
Peoples Christian Academy (PCA) is seeking to acquire a full-time Middle School – Senior School French Teacher (Grades 6 – 9) to facilitate its growth and development, commencing September 3, 2019.
Each employee at PCA must have received Jesus Christ as one’s personal Saviour and believe that the Bible is God’s Word and standard for faith and daily living. The employee shall be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions towards others. Therefore, the candidate shall:
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, CHARACTER, COMPETENCIES
- Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT), French Intermediate/Senior qualifications (minimal requirement)
- Additional qualifications and/or certifications and/or graduate studies in French advantageous
- French-as-a-Second-Language / French Immersion learning experience an asset
- Training in dynamic French language learning techniques / programs preferred
- Skill in Spanish a plus for involvement in annual mission trips to South America
- Cross-cultural placements and/or Christian missions experience beneficial
- Systematic planning and assessment ability
- Ability to connect with teenagers
- Flexible and service-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passion for the profession
- Collaborative attitude
- Culturally proficient
CONTEXT, COMPENSATION AND CULTURE
Peoples Christian Academy (PCA) is an independent, faith-based, co-educational day school of over 600 students and 80 faculty and staff, offering a registered and Ministry of Education inspected Early Learning Centre (30 mos+), a Junior School (JK-Gr. 5), a Middle School (Grs. 6-8) and a Ministry of Education inspected Senior School (Grs. 9-12). PCA offers a collegial working environment and values work/life balance. PCA offers a competitive salary, group benefits, pension plan, and preferred tuition rates for faculty and staff children. Lastly, and most importantly, PCA exists to prepare the whole person to reach the whole world for Christ. If you feel led and inspired to join and to grow with our vibrant Christian community, then we would welcome your application.
In your cover letter, please refer to your Christian faith, and how it influences you both personally and professionally. In your resume, please include any missions and ministry experience. Please also submit diplomas and certifications. Please also include professional (2+), pastoral (1), and personal (1) references. Please also note that short-listed candidates will be required to submit a police vulnerable sector check.
Please submit your electronic application by Friday, May 17, 2019 to:
Mr. Alex Abdulnour, Principal / Director of Operations and Ministry (firstname.lastname@example.org) Website: https://www.peopleschristianacademy.ca/
PCA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.