Position 307: Client Services Coordinator
Supervised by: Director of Client Services
Part Time: 20 hours per week
Who We Are:
The Calgary Pregnancy Care Centre is a non-profit agency offering assistance for anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy or experiencing post-abortion stress. We have been caring for women, youth and families since 1985. We are committed to providing high quality support and programs powered by a passionate and dedicated team. For information about our organization please refer to our web site at www.pregcare.com
This position requires a responsible individual who will support the Director of Client
Services with the day-to-day operations of the Client Services Department. The Client Services Coordinator will also work closely with the volunteer coordinator to provide support to volunteers as needed. Additionally, the Client Services Coordinator will represent the Centre and its services to outside agencies.
- Supervise and assign volunteers in administrative tasks and projects
- Organize in-services
- Keep community resource material updated and keep volunteers informed about resources for clients.
- Administrative tasks as assigned by Director of Client Services
- Managing correspondence in absence of Director of Client Services
- Respond to clients and outside agencies requests for information
- Manage a personal client caseload, corresponding files and appointments
- Debriefing client sessions with volunteers as needed
- Assist with clothing room as needed
- Oversee scheduling classes, class facilitators, and programs
- Design and evaluate new programs to enhance care and education provided to our clients
- Engage in regular network meetings to promote community awareness and foster inter-agency relationships
- Manage External partnerships
- Conduct tours and work with service groups as needed
- Assist with fundraising events and initiatives if needed
The successful applicant will possess a university degree in Social Work, Counseling,
Social Sciences or a related field. Work experience in social services will be considered an asset.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Respect and uphold the Statement of Faith, and Policies of the Centre
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Relational and flexible
- Proficient with respects to personal computers and the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher and Outlook)
Working Conditions and Hours:
- The position will function primarily out of the Calgary office. Occasional travel may be required to satellite Centres or to locations throughout the city for promotional, learning, or service delivery activities.
- This is a part time position requiring 20 hours per week. This position is required to work 4 evening shifts per month.
- Staff will also be required to attend promotional or service delivery opportunities that may include evenings or weekends.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.
- An enhanced security clearance must be completed as a condition of employment
What We Have to Offer:
- Free Downtown Parking
- Extended Health Benefits available
- Fun, dynamic team culture
- An opportunity to continually grow and learn
- Ability to make a difference in the lives of others
How to Apply:
Forward resume and cover letter with Client Services Coordinator in the subject of the email to email@example.com. Position remains open until suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.