Ezra Institute for Contemporary Christianity
Program Coordinator, full-time position (start August 10, 2020)
$40 – 50K depending on experience.
The Ezra Institute (EICC) is a confessional evangelical Christian organization established in 2009. We equip current and emerging church and Christian cultural leaders to understand every area of life in the light of God’s Word. To faithfully take up their place in Christ’s kingdom advancing work, and to engage confidently with the cultural issues of our day.
We develop web-based and print resources as well as high-impact training programs that reinforce a biblical world and life view within an immersive learning experience. Delegates discover the implications of God’s Word for every aspect of life, and their calling to cultivate godly culture in the public space to the glory of God.
For more information, please visit www.ezrainstitute.ca
Reporting to the Vice President, the EICC Program Coordinator will plan and produce events from conception through to completion. The Program Coordinator is responsible to provide outstanding customer service and organize memorable quality EICC one day and multi-day training events including but not limited to: conferences, leadership training academies, and a variety of student training and joint partner training events at the EICC Centre.
- Provide project planning for training programs and related events, student academies
- Work within annual and program-specific budgets provided by EICC Executive Committee
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Organize facilities/Centre space and manage all event details such as decor, catering, worship/entertainment, transportation, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional materials, etc.
- Welcome guests on arrival, be available as the primary host for the duration of program(s)
- Specify staff/volunteer requirements and coordinate their activities, and assist with recruitment
- Cooperate with the Relationship Manager to promote and publicize events
- Run and update social media accounts
- Prepare and distribute monthly resource emails in collaboration with the Director of Content & Publishing
- Prepare program announcements and reminder emails
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day(s)
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Other duties as required
The Program Coordinator will be thoroughly committed to the EICC’s mission and passionate about our work. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Excellent time management and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and take initiative
- Attention to detail
- MS Office proficiency (including some basic graphics ability for PowerPoint, MS Publisher preferred)
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours, including weekends and evenings during Centre events (as required)
- Some event planning, camp or related experience preferred
- University degree preferred
Apply with cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 17, 2020.