THE PENTECOSTAL ASSEMBLIES OF CANADA
POSITION: Financial Accountant / Analyst
START DATE: Immediately
Post-secondary degree in accounting or business administration
- Working towards CPA designation
- 3-5 year of relevant work experience
- Expertise in excel & accounting systems required
- Knowledge of GAAP, ASPE & IFRS
- A knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations for registered charities.
- A forward-thinking team player, who takes initiative in carrying out new ideas.
- A motivated individual who takes great pride in their work.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, but are not be limited to:
Oversee the multiple monthly bank reconciliations
- Provide analytical support as required
- Perform month-end closing processes
- Prepare monthly financial statement packages
- Provide meaningful analysis, in-depth review, and commentary on monthly financial statements
- Identify, execute & deliver process improvements for existing business processes
- Prepare required documentation and schedules during year-end audit
- Problem solve and suggest process improvements
- Provide support to business units and accounting staff as required
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will provide consistent, accurate and timely financial statements and analysis for PAOC and its related entities.