At effect:hope, the love of Christ motivates us in all we do. It compels us to intervene and stop the injustice of neglected tropical diseases like leprosy. This same love moves us to act – we interrupt the cycle of disease, isolation, stigma, disability, poverty and even death. Everything we do is geared towards one goal – Stop neglected tropical diseases. For good.
We do this by creating high impact programs that work. We invite the people we serve to have a voice in shaping these programs. Since 1892, we have been working together with our partners to treat diseases that isolate and stigmatize, to advocate on behalf of patients, and to help restore lives. We fund ground-breaking research, provide ongoing care and training to empower patients and healthcare workers.
Ultimately, we hope to ignite a generation of change by breaking down barriers and orchestrating opportunities for a world where people are free from the burden of neglected tropical diseases.
Overview of the Role
effect:hope is looking for a Marketing Specialist who can help us raise awareness of neglected tropical diseases and effect:hope brand. Our ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional, preferably with a writing and graphic design background - Someone who possesses an audience-first mindset when it comes to writing and creating content. You should be able to develop engaging content for both online and offline audiences.
Your content (including the design) will inspire and encourage our audience to take action and support and promote effect:hope. We want more Canadians to know about neglected tropical diseases and the work we do to stop them. Do you think you can help us?
If you care about making a difference, this is the job that will enable you to have an impact and bring about positive change in the lives of people we serve. At effect:hope, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also offer a lot in return. In addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, and matching pension plan enrolment after 3 months working with us, we’ll shower you with perks, including:
- Dress: Casual when in office – We want you to be comfortable at work.
- Flexibility: Feel free to skip the commute and hit your deadlines from home 3 or 4 days a week. Please note that we are working full-time from home during the pandemic.
- Location: On the days you are in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible East-end location.
- Fellowship: Time to hang out and pray with your colleagues on a regular basis and be encouraged in your faith.
- Mentoring – You will be joining a kingdom-minded organization with experienced and thoughtful leaders who are committed to investing their time to grow and develop others.
Your Skills: Content
Can you help us tell inspiring stories to engage our target audiences? We would love to talk to you if you have experience in content development, distribution and demonstrated excellence in writing. You must be able to manage multiple projects and display creativity.
You must be a digitally-savvy individual with strong communication skills that can inspire audiences to act. Your willingness to learn is also crucial in this role. We will look to you to build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that includes our monthly appeals, newsletters, blog posts, whitepapers, eBooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc. You will be responsible for the creation, curation, tracking and deployment of content online (blog, social, etc.) and offline (newsletters, direct mail, appeals, etc.) media.
Your Skills: Content
At effect:hope, we see graphic design as visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires. You must be a creative graphic designer who can take conceptual ideas and create visual representations, both in print and electronic media. Our ideal candidate will have solid knowledge of current design software and skilled with every step of the design process from concept to the final deliverable.
As a graphic designer, you should be able to convert written or spoken ideas into a design that connects. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, with the ability to vary style and layouts depending on the project. If you think you have what it takes to bring ideas to life with visual impact, we want to hear from you.
Your direct experience writing and designing monthly appeals, newsletter, using WP content management system, email marketing systems like MailChimp or Blackbaud OLX are considered assets in this job.
- Post-secondary education.
- Ability to design and craft/write effect monthly appeals and newsletters.
- Create and deliver engaging direct mail campaigns.
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills with attention to detail.
- 2 years experience (academic and professional) with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc. with a portfolio of work.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Analyze the success of campaigns and ROI.
- Must be able to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Optimize content on the social media platforms, blog and email – familiar with WordPress and social media platforms and email marketing tools.
- Create content for drip marketing and automated responses for email marketing.
effect:hope is a Christian mission with a donor base that is primarily of the Christian faith. Candidates must be comfortable with this position and be willing to work in this environment with a broad range of Christian perspectives.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now to email@example.com