Creekside Church exists to . . . Follow Jesus. Love God. Love People. Launched in 1989, the church is located in Waterloo Region in Ontario, Canada. We have two physical campuses located in Waterloo and Kitchener with a Online Campus serving the region and beyond. Creekside is a non-denominational, evangelical, contemporary, team oriented, growing congregation with multiple staff and multiple Sunday services. We are passionate about evangelism, worship, teaching and caring for those both inside and outside the church family.
We are looking for a creative and Christ-centered Content Creator to help with media development and social media at Creekside. The Content Creator will be responsible for various video and creative projects at Creekside along with overseeing the various social media platforms. Have we piqued your interest? Read on……
- Passionate about the church and reaching people for Christ
- Well versed in the various social media platforms
- An effective communicator—in person, in writing, and online
- Ready to craft posts on the fly with sincerity, brevity, or levity as the occasion demands
- Enjoy working with video and creating media projects
- Organized and efficient, especially with time and people management
- An exceptionally organized, self-motivated, strategic problem-solver
You will be:
- Giving oversight to Creekside’s website
- Designing and creating video and graphics content for various projects
- Strategically leading our social media efforts such as Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking with an eye toward engaging followers and growing our reach
The perfect fit:
- Desires to excel in a vibrant growing church community
- Brings a comprehensive knowledge of Mac, PC, Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates a level of excellence in Adobe Creative Suite or is proficient in the latest Video editing software
- Is experienced in Web design and development with the latest tools such as Wordpress, Web 2.0 Etc.
- Has one or more social media accounts for your pet
- Gets your daily news through trending hashtags
If this sounds like you…..send us your resume and communications portfolio: email@example.com
Creekside Church is a community of people who are passionate about their mission to . . . Follow Jesus. Love God. Love People. It is a community where everyone is welcome to explore the message of Jesus wherever they may be on their spiritual journey. It is a community of dynamic, life-changing worship. It is a community of hope, care and healing. And it is a community that reaches out to serve and love a hurting world, locally and globally.
Position Title: Content Creator
Coach: Communications Pastor
Direct Reports: Communication Team
Teams: Service Design Team; Communication Team; Video Ministry Team; Online Campus Team; Social Media Team;
Time: 20hrs/ week both in office and remote working
This position will create graphics, video and copy for Creekside’s social media, website and digital environments. The Content Creator will work in collaboration with other ministries and take creative content projects from start to finish. Responsible to communications pastor.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Qualified to be a member of Creekside Church
Strong interpersonal and connecting skills
Working knowledge of both Mac and PC
Strong skills in Microsoft Office
Demonstrated level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
Including, Premier Pro, PhotoShop, After Effects
Familiarity with Video Editing software
Experienced in Web design and development: preference given to Wordpress
Creative and risk-taking
Able to define and meet objectives and goals
- Manage the website and related collateral sites, keeping information accurate, up-to-date, and consistent with Creekside’s vision and branding.
- Lead the organization's social media content and strategy including Facebook, Instagram, and other social networking tools
- Oversee, design and create graphics and video content for:
- Sermon series
- Special events
- Church wide activities
- Perform other duties as required by the Communications Pastor.