CBM is a global mission organization committed to expressing God's love through word and deed. We believe that God brings hope and healing to a broken world through local churches. The values of hope, faith and love express our heart and inform our actions. Together, equipped with faith, we extend hope and act in love. From this centre we move out with confidence into the brokenness of the world with compassion, patience and humility.
Five foundational causes anchor CBM’s ministries around the world today:
- Building the Church
- Kids at Risk
- Crisis Response
Partnering with local churches around the world to bring hope, healing and reconciliation through word and deed.
A broken world made new.
CBM is seeking an Executive Director who will give leadership to its national and international mission and ministries. Appointed by, and accountable to, the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible to ensure that CBM achieves the vision and mission of the organization.
With integrity and humility, the Executive Director demonstrates leadership, commitment, and competence in key ways, including:
- Demonstrating commitment to a personal and growing relationship with God
- Providing energetic and engaged leadership
- Upholding CBM’s Core Values
- Presenting a compelling vision of CBM’s mission, values & ends
- Undertaking the development and implementation of plans and initiatives
- Cultivating key networks, alliances and partnerships, in both Canada and internationally
- Facilitating and enabling the local church to grow in integral mission and global discipleship
- Networking and building effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Recruiting competent and qualified personnel
- Engaging the younger generation
- Ensuring sound financial management practices
- Assisting in raising funds, especially with major donors
CBM is governed by a Board of Directors who represent over 900 Canadian Baptist congregations. These churches are organized through the four Canadian Baptist regional denominations.
Standards and Ethics
As certified members of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities we hold ourselves accountable to the highest professional standards and ethics as a testimony to our Christian witness.
7185 Millcreek Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L5N 5R4
To start a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please contact Kayely Rich, Search Committee Chairperson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: July 10, 2020
CBM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
CBM is a charitable not-for-profit Christian ministry.
Further information can be found at https://www.cbmin.org