EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF PARTNER RELATIONS
A search facilitated by Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. for Compassion Canada
Compassion Canada, a partner with Compassion International, is committed to “releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name.” Their passion is to holistically improve the lives of children – mind, body and relationships – influencing them to become adults who will create change in their own communities. So far they have positively affected the lives of nearly 2 million children around the world!
Compassion is looking for an exemplary Executive Director of Partner Relations (EDPR) called to relieve poverty from the lives of children worldwide. The ideal candidate will be a highly relational coach, mentor and motivator for the Partner Relations team, and an expert in handling change management within a Christian non-profit context to support the organization as a whole. The EDPR is expected to be attuned to the state of the local church nation-wide with proven fundraising and sales experience. Also, the EDPR must have a successful track record as a strategic thinker to effectively participate in Compassion’s highly collaborative senior leadership team.
Your calling and experience will make a difference in the lives of children all over the world.
- Work closely with President and CEO and other members of the Executive Leadership Team in leading all aspects of the work of Compassion Canada.
- Mobilize team to explore and develop partnership paths with churches, denominations, ministry associations, event promoters, businesses, donors, volunteers and influencers.
- Work closely with, and serve as an active member of, Compassion International’s Global Marketing and Engagement group (GME) to share best practices and explore joint venture initiatives.
- Throughout all aspects of this work, provide spiritual and professional development for all members of the team while fully living out the organizational values.
- Develop and execute an organizational acquisition/fundraising plan, in collaboration with organizational stakeholders, that supports acquiring new child sponsorships and donations through frontline relationships, experiences, and events.
- Conduct research and advise the organization on competitive trends, threats and opportunities related to the area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the cross-functional process to develop, execute, assess and improve the corporate strategy.
- Recruit and manage both internal human resources and external service providers to achieve success throughout the Partner Relations team.
- Work closely with Engagement to ensure an extraordinary supporter experience.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure frontline teams are supported and plans are integrated.
- Five to seven years of proven experience in a similar or related role that includes strategic planning, fundraising/sales management, partner development, volunteer engagement and people management.
- The ideal candidate will bring a background complete with educational credentials in Not-for-Profit Management, Business, or Public Relations. A CFRE designation would be welcomed.
- Expertise in fundraising and/or sales and strategic planning.
- In-depth knowledge of church denominations and giving trends in Christian culture.
- Skilled in developing a results-oriented environment.
- Ability to build and deepen partner relationships, while finding new and creative ways to increase Compassion’s reach and influence.
- Wisdom, discernment, and integrity.
- Exceptional people management, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Highly collaborative and able to build a flourishing team environment.
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Honed communication and presentation skills.
- A consistent witness for Jesus Christ and a servant heart.
- Position based in London, ON, but open to relocation for the suitable candidate.
- The ability and willingness to travel locally, nationally, and internationally is expected within this role.
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to serve other departments putting a strong emphasis on internal customer service.
Other Qualifications, Abilities and Knowledge Required
- The ability to mentor/coach/supervise others toward new levels of effectiveness.
- Skilled in appropriate goal setting and requisite development of personnel.
- Skilled in conflict resolution.
- A mature experience with Jesus Christ as outlined in Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-13.
Further information on Compassion Canada can be found at www.compassion.ca
Application Deadline: November 20, 2019
Please note that only applications from Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered at this time.
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you or someone you know, would like to start a confidential inquiry about this opportunity, please contact Mark Kraft and Larry Nelson at email@example.com
Nelson/Kraft & Associates Inc. is an executive search firm specializing in the recruitment of executive management and fundraising personnel in the charitable sectors. We work with a diverse group of not-for-profit organizations through the connection of colleagues in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Toronto.