Department: Marketing & Digital Growth
Location: Head office located in London, Ontario. Remote applications welcome.
Salary:? TBD + Benefits
Deadline for resumes: May 27, 2022
To apply for this position, please visit our website at Work at Compassion | Compassion Canada
Please note, we will accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities in our hiring process. Should you require an accommodation during the hiring process or for this?application, please contact Compassion Canada via email email@example.com or call Human Resources at (519) 668-0224.
The Projects team will be responsible for Compassion Canada’s approach to project management and process management (within the Marketing & Digital Growth team).
The Projects Manager is an individual who values agile and innovative environments and deep collaboration between staff, teams, departments and divisions. This person is driven to be a support to all the projects of the Marketing & Digital Growth division and is continually looking for ways to drive process and efficiency discussions.
Working alongside the IT Manager, Data & Insights Manager as well as the Digital Design & Development Manager, this role will be a key leader in the over direction of the Technology and Operations portfolio.
Compassion Canada is a Christian organization, committed to being child-focused, Christ-centered, and church driven. As such, each employee of Compassion Canada shall:
- Participate in regular staff gatherings and chapel services,
- Pray with supporters when requested by same or when deemed appropriate with supporter’s permission. (This will apply to some positions more than others),
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at work and outside the workplace,
- Promote the evangelical approach to ministry that Compassion Canada has adopted and put into practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and give oversight to Compassion Canada’s Marketing & Digital Growth Projects team.
- Receive and triage, in collaboration with fellow managers in Marketing & Digital Growth (M&DG), incoming project requests.
- Manage and lead M&DG’s intake system ensuring it provides appropriate opportunities for key stakeholders to communicate needs well.
- Manage the planning and implementation approach for M&DG.
- Lead a team of project coordinators.
- Lead and manage (and in some cases create) a consistent vendor management approach. Ensuring that M&DG has a coherent on-boarding, review & support approach and process for working with external agencies, partners and freelancers.
- Lead M&DG’s approach to Business Process Management – aligned with the organizational approach, ensuring the team is continually reviewing and improving internal processes – in tight collaboration with the Director of Technology and Operations as well as the Executive Director of Marketing & Digital Growth.
- Play an active role is supporting the development and management of shared workflows across M&DG.
- Support the Director of Technology and Operations in managing the strategy development for Compassion Canada’s technology and operations roadmap.
- Create an environment with a focus on innovation and boldness within the areas of this remit.
- Be an active player/coach.
- Facilitate and coach the team on being highly collaborative with all neighbour facing teams (church, volunteer, mass/direct to consumer, major donor, etc.) as well as fellow Marketing & Digital Growth teams.
- Support and engage your team in the opportunity and tension of being both a digitally driven, while not losing Compassion Canada’s commitment of being a relational organization – both internally and externally.
- Assists?the department/team?with other duties as requested.
- Proven track record of supporting agile mindsets and innovation efforts
- Proven ability to learn from mistakes while supporting continued innovation
- Ability to work in an agile, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well in written form for multiple audiences
- Track record of developing process and project management improvements
- Lifelong learner
- Exceptional written, oral and visual presentation skills to Interact with senior leadership as well as the full organization
- Understanding of various project management approaches
- Skilled in developing and iterating around a lead measure philosophy (as opposed to lag measures only)
- Able to build relationships across a variety of stakeholder groups (internal and external)
Experience & Education Required:
- Education in business analysis and/or operations is a strong asset
- Project Management Professional certification a strong asset
- Experience leading in an operations capacity
- To be self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Received: Director of Technology & Operations
- Given: Projects team
- Within:?All?staff, all departments
- Without: Vendors
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.? Responsibilities and duties may change from time to time.?
We appreciate all applications for employment; however, we will only contact those applicants invited for an interview.