Start Date: Immediately
Time Commitment: Permanent Full time position
Location: 399 Main Street West, Grimsby, Ontario
Overview of the Organization:
Bible League Canada is a Christian charitable organization providing Scripture placement and church planter training worldwide so that people prepared by the Holy Spirit will be brought into relationship with Christ and His church. Our work is based on the conviction that the world needs the living word of God more than anything else. We are in need of a person who can give oversight to Canadian ministry while the International Missions Director Canada is on maternity leave (returning October 2019) and develop familiarity serving as the Vice President of International Ministry (VPIM) for Bible League Canada. This candidate recognizes and has faithfully responded to God’s call to utilize God-given administrative and interpersonal skills as well as personal attributes for God’s glory and in the service of Bible League Canada's Christian mission.
Reporting to the VP of International Ministry, during the first year of service, this salaried position will provide ministry in two broad areas: (A) oversight of BLC’s ministry in Canada and (B) assisting the VPIM with the various tasks and responsibilities of this position. The incumbent should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and interacting with ministry partners (both in Canada and globally), members of the Global Leadership Team, other BLC teams and donors effectively and diplomatically. Specific responsibilities within the above areas are:
Oversight of BLC’s ministry in Canada:
- Maintain relationships with Canadian partners through:
- Providing resources
- Overseeing budget and monthly payments
- Annual review of partnership agreements
- Annual field visits
- Collecting quarterly results, stories and pictures.
- Annual budget and strategic planning.
- Representing Bible League Canada at national Christian events.
- Research and understand current context and changing trends in Canada.
Assisting the VPIM:
- Developing strategic plans for all ministry activity. This includes engaging the Global Leadership Team and the Canadian ministry team and working in collaboration with other BLC teams where necessary.
- Supporting the managing of International Missions Operations. This includes supporting the VPIM in the leadership and relationship of the Global Leadership Team, Annual Operations Budget, traveling to the field for field operations visits, and managing onsite staff.
- Developing and Improving Ministry Management Systems. This includes structures, staffing (including succession planning), processes and culture in order to support the successful execution of the strategic plans and achieve all related goals and deliverables.
- Attending meetings of the Leadership Team and Global Leadership Team of BLC.
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree with studies in global affairs, missions and international relationships.
- Significant global experience either in missions or in global ministry.
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization is preferred but not essential.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Intermediate/Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to see the “big picture”.
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge of and a passion for Bible League Canada and its work.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and work well in a busy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; experience interacting with people from diverse cultures, backgrounds and work styles.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions, work assignments and teammates.
- Reliable, with the ability to take the initiative, problem-solve & implement solutions.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed.
- A dedicated team player, who enjoys working with others in team settings to solve problems and has a proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff, inside and outside the organization.
- Able to handle confidential information.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the Bible League Canada’s faith and lifestyle policy documents.
- Availability for significant travel commitments both domestically and internationally.
- In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will be required to pray for and minister to people who contact Bible League Canada either in person, or by phone or other electronic communication. These ministry and prayer opportunities include but are not limited to reception/phone communication duties, order fulfillment, general inquiries, conferences and events and all fundraising activities.
- A love for Bible-based ministry in Canada and around the world.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For further information about Bible League Canada, please visit our website at www.bibleleague.ca.
Bible League Canada would like to thank those who have applied; however, only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Accommodations in the selection process are available, upon request, for applicants with a disability, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Please submit your cover letter and resume or inquiries to Stephen Robinson at Stephen.email@example.com or 416-970-2025.