Employer: The Quest at Christopher Lake
Job Type: Full Time
Language Requirements: English
Education Requirements: Post-secondary theological training
Job Experience: 10 years or more
Job Industry: Donor Relations, Fundraising, Leadership
Job Location: Christopher Lake, SK
The Managing Director will be the most senior management position in the organization and is the person responsible for setting and achieving the vision, mission and goals of The Quest. The successful candidate will be the one who can best direct the organization and achieve long-term success in its evangelical Christian ministry. The Managing Director will be provided with accommodations during the summer and will be allowed to maintain an office in Saskatoon or Prince Albert, SK throughout the remainder of the year. Preference will be given to candidates who choose to work from Prince Albert.
The compensation of the Managing Director will be based on qualifications and experience and will include a benefits package and compensation for vehicle use.
YOU WOULD HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Set and achieve organizational vision, mission and goals
- Model and set the organization’s culture, values and behaviour
- Communicate with and advise board of directors
- Set and follow yearly budget
- Travel throughout central Saskatchewan and meet with current and potential donors/supporters
- Connect with stakeholders of The Quest using various media
- Conduct tours of The Quest with a view towards creating tangible relationships
- Foster a positive image of The Quest’s ministry
- Plan and execute fundraiser initiatives
- Develop new revenue streams and build existing ones
- Foster and grow existing social media presence
- Participate in summer camping program as a leader
- Supervise management team
- Ability to provide spiritual direction, including understanding and promoting Christian theology in alignment with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada
- Live on site during the three months of the summer season
- Financial discipline
- Proficient in public speaking and communication
- Results oriented and self-motivated
- Skilled in conflict resolution
- Ability to work with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Proficient in information communication technologies
- Business administration training or experience
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
ABOUT THE QUEST:
The Quest at Christopher Lake is a Christian summer camp providing this experience to people of all ages and backgrounds for over 70 years. The Quest is affiliated with the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada and is partnered with nine churches and Christian ministries from central Saskatchewan. The Quest operates as a summer camp from June to August, and for the remainder of the year provides accommodations for rental groups. These retreats help support the ministry of Christ through The Quest by raising funds.
The Quest strives to bring all who come through its gates at least one step closer to Jesus Christ.
The purpose of The Quest is best described by reference to its mission statement, which is Matthew 28:19-20:
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I will be with you always, to the very end of the age.
The statement of faith for The Quest is available at questnet.ca. The Quest is located in the District of Lakeland, Saskatchewan and sits on 36 acres of waterfront property on Christopher Lake. The Quest has two main rental facilities, several smaller cabins, and the ability to host and feed a maximum of 160 people. The Quest features multiple recreational facilities including a large swimming area, which is used as a rink
in winter, climbing wall, archery pit, low ropes courses, and 1 boat for use in the watersports program. The Quest also has 2 large maintenance buildings and the Site Manager’s residence.
Resumes will be accepted until September 30, 2019. Please submit cover letter, resume, statement of Christian faith and driver abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.