To facilitate CONNECTIONS at Greenbelt Church; connecting with God through vibrant, spirit & truth worship and connecting people to our church family through social media. He/She shall oversee the equipping, care & leadership of ministry teams and elements needed for the successful execution of weekly worship services and our social platforms.
This is a PART-TIME, INTERIM contract from November 2019 to March 2020 with the possibility of becoming full-time in March 2020.
About Greenbelt Church
Located in the East End of the Nation’s Capital, Ottawa, we are a vibrant, multi-generation, & multi-ethnic church. We have an average Sunday attendance of 180 among 3 worship services; 2 in English and 1 in Arabic. Our ministry impact through youth, outreach, small groups and other initiatives currently connects with over 600 people.
Our vision is to be a vibrant, growing Christian community engaged in reaching 10 000 people with the Gospel! We do this by living our mission to lead people in Knowing, Living and Sharing Jesus.
Our values drive what this looks like in our ministry:
- Relevant: We strive to stay culturally applicable while remaining true to God’s word. We are the church of today.
- Real: We strive to be authentic in our relationships - with God and with each other. Sunday masks and facades are not required.
- Welcoming: We desire to cultivate a sense of love and belonging, purposefully integrating people into the community. At Greenbelt, everyone is welcomed.
- Caring: We strive to be a place that feels like family, drawing people into a deeper relationship with Jesus. Everyone matters to God and you matter to us.
- Purposeful: We seek to be intentional about leading people in their growing relationship with Jesus wherever they are on their journey. As God pours into us, we pour into others.
- Simple: We strive to keep ministry clear and focused. Life is complicated - church shouldn’t be.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with
- Fully support the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Greenbelt Church.
- Track record of success as a team player, being teachable and being a team builder.
- Strong ability as a musician, vocalist and worship team leader.
- Ability to mentor and guide others into ministry leadership roles.
- Strong social media presence demonstrating an understanding of the platforms.
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, encouragement, shepherd, and wisdom.
- Formal theological education at the college or seminary level is preferred but not required.
- A dynamic, contagious faith which inspires people to “follow me as I follow Christ.”
- Musical - proficiency on at least one instrument - guitar or piano with the ability to lead while playing
- Technology - knowledge of various aspects of technology in worship - sound, video and lighting in order to provide guidance to the production team.
- Technology - knowledge of the various social media platforms and the best way to use and maximize their usage
- Experience with/familiarity with online team management tools for example, Planning Centre and Freedcamp.com
- Able to lead and work well with teams of people
- Adaptable to a constantly changing environment. As the church grows, everyone’s role grows with it.
Sunday morning worship is the furnace that fires up every other ministry of Greenbelt. This ministry is a crucial part of our discipleship pathway where we hope to see people regularly attend Sunday worship, find a LifeGroup to join, and serve in a ministry to be a blessing to others. These three components, we believe, help people grow in their relationship with Christ. Our social media presence has become the new “foyer” of the church. Most people learn of us and connect with us first through social media before ever visiting the church in person.
Worship & Digital Ministry:
- Manage the team scheduling for the worship team volunteers through Planning Center
- Communicate in a timely manner with team members
- Select music and multimedia items to be used in the weekly service
- Support the Lead Pastor in planning the corporate worship services
- Lead worship rehearsal
- Lead pre-service sound check and rehearsal
- Select new music for use in worship services
- Recruit and train up new worship team members and worship leaders
- Work with our Arabic service team to help them improve their worship service
- Manage decorating team to create worship environments specific to seasons or sermon series
- Work with lead pastor to ensure that the worship ministry is moving in line with Greenbelt’s vision and strategic plan
- Ensure weekly sermons are uploaded in video/audio for social media and church app.
- Oversee our Digital Missions team to ensure an active and engaged social media presence
- Attend staff meetings
- Participate in other duties as requested by the Lead Pasto
- The Director of Worship shall be directly accountable to the Lead Pastor.
- He/She will be a team player, and will work in cooperation with Greenbelt’s leadership, other staff, and volunteers within the church.
- He/She shall receive a monthly progress review of ministry execution and leadership
- He/She shall pay close attention to his/her personal spiritual life, family, and service by maintaining a vibrant and maturing faith in Jesus Christ through active church body life.