We are in need of an in-house Graphic Designer, reporting to the Manager, Digital Engagement & Content Development, to support the various projects and initiatives of the Marketing Team and other departments as needed. This includes direct mail and online fundraising appeals, regular newsletters, brand materials and designing effective advertising. The position is a 6-month contract position, with the intent of making the position a permanent role.
Create, design and produce Bible League Canada branded visual communication pieces in consideration of best practices in graphic design, typography, web design, and accessibility, while following brand standards and style guide. Provide advice and consultation to all departments in regards to the design, and production of publications and presentation materials. Responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
Fundraising Appeal Design:
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Development Teams in the production of monthly fundraising campaigns.
- Consult on style, tone and format of each appeal design
- Produce multiple, related, pieces for digital ads, eblasts, landing page and direct mail to form the campaign.
- Work closely with the Marketing Content Developer to communicate the heart of the ministry, and the stories from the field, to our current and prospective donors.
Marketing Collateral Development:
- Create, design and produce Bible League Canada internal and external publications for print and digital applications. This may include a variety of formats and delivery methods
- Ensure designs reflect Bible League Canada brand standards and style guide and support strategic goals and objectives.
- Working with other departments to provide design guidance and execution to support the needs of the organization.
- Producing accurate and timely revisions
- Provide advice and consultation regarding the use of various design elements and print production aspects of a job including paper stock, printing inks, printing/binding/kitting methods and other production specifications as well as recommending the most appropriate visual communication design elements, strategies and production processes to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Support the Marketing Team in any long-term planning initiatives or the development of any new programs.
- Contribute to the identification of process improvements and recommendations.
Post-secondary diploma in a Graphic Design related program as a minimum requirement.
Additional courses and/or continuing education course completion is an asset.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of professional experience as a Graphic Designer.
- Experience with digital graphic design and designing webpages
- Experience and proven abilities in managing external partner relationships.
- Experience in a non-profit organization would be an asset but not essential.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs (particularly InDesign and Photoshop), and similar programs.
- Proven understanding of graphic design principles and ability to follow brand guidelines
- Creative problem solving and design ability
- Familiarity and understanding of design for different media formats (such as direct mail, digital, large format etc)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Interpersonal Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge of and a passion for Bible League Canada and its work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; experience interacting with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and staff, inside and outside of organization.
- A reliable self-starter with the ability to take initiative, problem-solve and implement solutions.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to see the “big picture”.
- Follower of Jesus Christ who wholeheartedly subscribes to the organization’s faith and lifestyle policy documents.
- A love for Bible-based ministry.
- Cultural, economic and environmental sensitivity.
Overview of the Organization:
Bible League Canada is a Christian charitable organization providing Scripture placement and church planter training worldwide so that people prepared by the Holy Spirit will be brought into relationship with Christ and His church. Our work is based on the conviction that the world needs the living word of God more than anything else.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For further information about Bible League Canada, please visit our website at www.bibleleague.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and resume or inquiries to Jody Matheson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bible League Canada would like to thank those who have applied. However, only short listed candidates will be contacted.